Monday 31 August 2009

Down With Flu & Tunic Sewalong

Long time no blog...I was down with terrible flu last week and received a 3-days sick leave. Should be able to sew but it was so bad I ended up just sleeping the flu off. The fever was mild so the doctor did not send me for swineflu screening. I think it was just seasonal flu...

Despite that, I managed to finish a tunic sewalong with my darling sister,Angah. She lives in Semenyih and is by miles a better sewist than me! She's the creative one and her work is always very neat and detailed. So far she has not blogged but I managed to persuade her to setup a blog, I guess it will be up soon and will definitely link to it.

We are just 2 years apart. I have 2 girls and she has 2 boys. We did this sewalong to keep each other motivated with sewing and creativity. We chose a unisex pattern that could be adapted both for girls and boys. It is a pattern from my Japanese craft book Simple + One.
The pattern tracing from this book is a real challenge! The lines and drawings overlaps each other so tightly combined with the fact that we can't read Japanese! But we had fun trying to figure 'em out. The sewing part was fairly easy though. I love Japanese pattern books because the pictures are so easy to follow.

We both use linen for the tunic. However the red linen I used for Aisha is the crisp, slippery type (not the slubby cottony linen). So difficult to work with this one. But Aisha loves the colour especially when I added the tie string detail at the neckline. My sister managed to sew for both my nephews and I must say they look so cute in them! My sister's comment on this project "I feel like I'm transported to the 16th century sewing tunics for the heroes in those historical romance books!" LOL must be the natural green linen she's using haha...

All in all, this sewalong was considered a success and we're already planning our next sewalong project!
Nazrin and Imran - my nephews with their green linen tunic
Aisha's red linen tunic

Hanan so used of being in the limelight seen here a bit miffed that only kakak Aisha has a new tunic lol!

2 comments:

  1. Wahhhhh comeyynyerr sumer nampak cool...but then I realize yayin's looks like a boy with a bakul sia???? abelaa yang tangkap gambar tuh.....isk macam chef wan pun ada....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ekeke...yeke bakul sia?? mangkuk tingkat ek? memula i thought yayin pegang helmet! ok per ngah...nampak rustic..ngah pesal blogger profile ko DSP??! kahkahkah boleh tukar tak? lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for taking the time visiting and reading. I love to connect with my readers and it's wonderful to receive comments from you. I usually reply here in my blog and sometimes through email.

I really do appreciate your comments, thank you and *hugs* :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails