Tuesday 21 December 2010

Some Sewing....

Hye there lovelies...how's life? I hope its not as topsy turvy as mine...so crazy rite now in the house, as I scramble to keep everything and everyone together. I am definitely feeling the heat now and oh God, please give me strength to brave this semester out *pray hard*

So, to lift my spirit up a bit, took sometime to put together these tiles. Mind you, that Some Sewing in the title should be Some Sewing from Ages Ago or something lol...it's hard for me to finish even one project in a day this last few days. A few stitches a day is already a huge accomplishment. But, since sewing destresses (is that even a word?) me, I still sneaked it in either late at night or very early in the morning. It keeps me happy AND motivated.

The above is a simple A-line sleeveless top I made for my niece baby Widad. My sis in law placed an order months ago & I still owe her one more outfit. The lovebirds fabric in black is now rare, that was my last half yard. Notice how the ties are at the shoulders? Something different, major LOVE! The pattern is modified from Cucito (Japanese pattern).


This one is a sweet, simple pinafore type dress. I used snap buttons on the shoulder (Kak Azidah if you're reading this *hugs* to you! ;) ). The fabric is the sweetest shade of pink, Monaluna dots and Art Gallery swirly combo. This pinny is roomy, great for layering with a t-shirt underneath.

I am off to study for 2 more papers, the midterm exam is scheduled this Friday & next Wednesday. My marketing exam did not go well so I need to buck up for these two. Sigh...I hate exams, really I do...

Let me leave you on a cheerful note though. Yesterday, my little Hanan asked me on the way out...

Hanan    : "Mummy tak nak gi Pos Laju Laju terrrr??"
Me         : "Huh?"
Hanan   : "Mummy...tak nak gi Pos LAJU LAJU terrr??"
Me        : "Pos Laju Laju??? Hahahahaha!!!!"
(I have no idea how to translate this to English, it's too literal but funny to me. It's about Hanan thinking that me using express posting/shipping means it runs really fast or something like that :D )


Her comments made my day...everytime! My girls are the very reason I am hanging on, tight.
Till later ladies, stay beautiful :)

21 comments:

  1. hanan nak buai laju laju tak? jom g taman hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. mila - hahaha...memang suka sangat la dia kalau dapat pegi taman...rumah sekarang ni taman jauh & bibik baru tak rajin keluar..dah lama dia kempunan naik buai laju-laju hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. adoiyaa...lawanya...i pun bz..tak menyempat nak jahit lately.. T__T
    everytime tgk mesin jahit..hati jadi sayu sbb lama tak sentuh..drama giler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cepatnyer dah nak mid term.. time flies really laju laju... hehe.. cute hanan.. hehe.. :D dress tu pun cantik2 belaka... love the polka dot fabric on both dresses.. comey.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aiesya - samalah kita dear...i pun sayu tengok mesin jait & lebih sayu memikirkan ada order belom siap huhu...

    zila - memang laju semuanya sekarang ni kan? cuma i menjait je kurang laju hehe...I love pink polkadots too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Zura,The dresses are really pretty. How do u take the measurement for different sizes? Whenever u get time please...... can u post a tutorial for such small frocks? Only when u really get some time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    Thank you for dropping by my blog again!
    You are on my Google reader so I always read your posts, hehe and I always enjoy them...good luck on your exam and little Hanan is so cute. My daughter is also starting to talk with one syllables! I love how you use polka dots as bias trims for dresses.

    May I know where do you get the button and clasp for the pink pinafore dress? Is it from Daiso? Our Daiso here does not carry this, though I have read someone blogged online that Daiso carries these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ira, kain burung chickadee tu who make ar?? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cantekkk cantekknya kak.. u're very talented.. ni yg teringin nak ada baby girl ni

    ReplyDelete
  10. cantekkk cantekknya kak.. u're very talented.. ni yg teringin nak ada baby girl ni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you dear...sewing is fun, try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you dear...sewing is fun, try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ira, yang burung chickadee nyer kain tu, where did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  14. ira, yang burung chickadee nyer kain tu, where did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  15. ira, yang burung chickadee nyer kain tu, where did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Preeta! Nope I did not take measurements...I only ever use standard sizing that comes with sewing patterns. I guess I am not a real seamstress for not taking measurements lol but really sewing patterns make everything easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Preeta! Nope I did not take measurements...I only ever use standard sizing that comes with sewing patterns. I guess I am not a real seamstress for not taking measurements lol but really sewing patterns make everything easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sertyan! As per email, a dear friend bought them for me as gift. I haven't found them at Daiso so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Aida! I used to sell it but now even my supplier dah kehabisan stok that lovebirds print :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Aida! I used to sell it but now even my supplier dah kehabisan stok that lovebirds print :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Aida! I used to sell it but now even my supplier dah kehabisan stok that lovebirds print :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for taking the time visiting and reading. I love to connect with my readers and it's wonderful to receive comments from you. I usually reply here in my blog and sometimes through email.

I really do appreciate your comments, thank you and *hugs* :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails