Thursday 27 February 2014

Patchwork Pillow in My Sewing Room

I recently fell in love with patchwork, big time.



Everyday I dream of patchwork and have so many ideas my brain is in constant buzz. So I made it a point to have a patchwork or quilty projects in between sewing dressses. It somehow invigorates me and keeps me motivated to sew more :)

So, we went to Ikea last weekend and I bought the Fjadrar pillow insert, the one with duck feather filling. I love how fluffy the pillow feels & know that the cover has to be patchwork.


The pillow is a 20" x 20", so I just sewed some simple 4.5" squares using fabrics from my stash. I find that when it comes to patchwork I tend to gravitates towards reds & yellows. They are just so bright and cheerful, I love how it brightens my cramp & tiny room.



My favorite print here is the chairs by Laurie Wisburn, it's cute! And the chevron & hounds tooth provides a balance to the whole look. I did put a layer of batting keep the quilting simple with straight lines a quarter inch away from the seams.


I took the shortcut with the backing. Just made it envelope style using my favorite yarn dyed linen by Robert Kaufman.

I have a few other patchwork projects to show you in coming posts. Till then, am enjoying my huggable patchwork pillow! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for taking the time visiting and reading. I love to connect with my readers and it's wonderful to receive comments from you. I usually reply here in my blog and sometimes through email.

I really do appreciate your comments, thank you and *hugs* :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails